Friday, June 18, 2010

15 1/2 month update

Mo-om!

Jeepers, you haven't let me write a blog post in over 2 months! What is my public to do?!?!

Fortunately, I have taken back over the computer for a brief time and will update you on my fabulous life.

At the end of March, Mom brought up this table from the basement. She used it when she was a little girl and was excited that it's my turn. This is my snack table and whenever Mommy asks me if I want a snack I book it on over and stand up to eat my goldfish, raisins, cheese, etc. This is very handy because I can grab my snack on the go and Mommy doesn't have to strap me into my highchair! We both love it :)
In April, I had several playground outings with friends. I wasn't walking yet, but I still enjoyed pulling up on and standing by the equipment. I was a big fan of wood chips for a while and would spend most of my time working on wood chip relocation.

In May, when I was 14 months old, Mommy decided to let me feed myself with a spoon and see how it went. I was actually pretty good at not making a TOTALLY huge mess, but I didn't quite grasp the concept of getting the yogurt ON the spoon - so I mostly ate it with my hands, which was super awesome. We are holding off on self-feeding with utensils for a while since I'm not that interested yet.

We have a mulberry tree in our back yard and Daddy shook the limbs to make it rain mulberries! Mommy and I enjoyed eating them and when we couldn't eat anymore, she made muffins with them! Mommy is really loving her domestic goddess status and is enjoying learning more and more about cooking, saving money, etc. Cleaning...well, the jury's still out on that one :-p.

Towards the end of May, I got a pretty horrible ear infection and was bummed out for a few days. I wanted to play, but couldn't last very long without pooping out! Mommy let me watch some TV in her room for a while, which was pretty cool. We get Qubo with our upstairs antenna and she let me watch a few preschool shows in the mornings. I am not usually that interested in TV shows, cartoon or otherwise, but I do love watching things on the computer (which is handy b/c the TV in Mommy and Daddy's room is also the computer monitor).

I'm sure many of my adoring fans have already seen this shot, but this happened about a month ago when I ate dinner before Mommy and Daddy. We always eat dinner together as a family, but Daddy was late so I ate without him. This meant that I was not at ALL interested in sitting up at the table while Mommy and Daddy ate their food and discussed such dull topics as 'work' and 'appointments' and 'blah blah blah'. So, in order to keep the peace, Mommy allowed me to completely destroy her paper goods drawer. I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself :)

No comments: