Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My Little Man

 

I wrote this a few days ago, hoping to add pictures from my camera (ie, not just iPhone pics); unfortunately, my camera cord is missing, so, stay tuned for more cute pictures later!

 

My little man, Isaac By-zack, sweet boy. These are what I call my precious little guy.

It's been ages since I updated the ol' blog and Isaac is a super old 7 months now! I can't believe it! Every kid just seems to make time speed up. A good reminder when you are in the newborn 'are they EVER going to let me sleep again???' phase :)

Having two such different girls in the family, I am so curious about how this fella is going to be as he grows up and his personality continues to develop. So far, he is an absolute delight. He is the happiest baby I've ever had. Hannah was content and Rebekah was, um, passionate, but he is just happy. He fusses when he's tired and fusses when I've waited too long to feed him, but most of the time, he just smiles and smiles. He endears himself to strangers almost immediately if he chooses to bless them with his grin. It just makes you feel good! It certainly makes me feel good when I go in to pick him up in the morning :)

photo(2)

So, at nearly seven months, here's what he's up to, aside from the sweet smiling:

- His bottom two teeth popped through a few weeks ago. The first one came through without any notice, but the second one hurt him a fair bit. He has bitten me 3 times, but hasn't in the last week, so here's hopin'! He has several teething toys that he absolutely loves.

- He nurses 5 or 6 times a day and is at the distract-able stage. He often stops nursing to look up and smile at me. I don't exactly mind :) Fortunately for Mommy and her physical therapy appointments, he takes a bottle very easily as well.

- I finally started feeding him solids a few weeks ago when he started waking me up at night again. I wait as long as possible to start 'real food'. Nursing is SO much easier. And don't even get me started on how nasty poops suddenly get when it is no longer just breastmilk. But, when you're hungry, you're hungry! He loved his first meal and has been devouring various items ever since. So far he's had oatmeal, squash, sweet potatoes, peas, pears, yogurt, steamed apples, and carrots. I make about half of his baby food and buy the other half. He has yet to meet a food he doesn't like.

photo(3)

- Isaac is on the move FAR earlier than either of his big sisters. He rolls all around the room and is starting to army-crawl. He can easily get up on hands and knees and rock back and forth. He hasn't mastered the 'going in an purposeful direction' concept yet, but I can tell it's coming soon. We put up a gate at the top of the stairs last week for my peace of mind...because, let's face it, I do not watch him 100% of the time :)

- Stats-wise, he is tall, skinny, and has a super tiny head. The tall and skinny part doesn't surprise me, but the head cracks me up. The girls were both super average in that department and he is in the 3rd percentile! I don't realize how tiny he is (b/c, of course, he looks perfect to me!) until I'm around other babies the same age.

Also, he has toes.photo(8)

 

- In typical 3rd child fashion, half the time he is just along for the ride. Literally. When I take the girls to the playground, a gymnastics class, or a lunch out, he just hangs out in his carseat/stroller and takes in the sights. He's pretty good at napping in the car or in the stroller and since we are still mostly nursing, I can do that almost anywhere. Soon he will be along for the ride to school twice a day as well.

 

Sleeping at the church playground while big sisters run amuck.

photo

Hanging out in the stroller at the Children’s Museum while big sisters explore the nearby pirate ship.

photo(1)

 

 

- Sleeping. God bless him, he let's me sleep. His daytime naps are highly unpredictable, but at night he let's his mama sleep. I'll take it. The napping inconsistency during the day doesn't really bother me anyway, b/c he's so sweet when he's up. If he's fussing, it just means I need to go lay him down. Easy peasy. He has started going to bed earlier and earlier. This week it's been as early as 7:00. He sleeps until anywhere from 6:45am to 9:15am. Most days its around 8:00 or so. We actually have to wake him up from time to time to get somewhere on time, which I think is just a travesty. I avoid appointments in the morning for this reason.

- Lastly, this kid loves his family. I mean, it is precious. He makes me feel like a million bucks when I walk into a room. When Daddy gets home, it's "Dahhh!" and a huge smile. When he hears either of his big sisters' voices, he just starts grinning from ear to ear and craning his neck around to find them. He gets so excited when they come up to play with him; he'll kick his legs so hard it has got to be hurting his little heels, but he just smiles and waves around, crazy with excitement.

 

Just hanging out on the floor with big sister…and listening to/watching other big sister.photo(6) photo(5)

What else?

I love this little man so much. Having two daughters whom I adore made me a bit nervous about the prospect of having a son. We don't have many boys in my extended family; I didn't know what to do with him. What if we didn't bond the same way? Etc. Well, as I've told many friends, I'm OVER IT. Yes, I LOVE HIM TO PIECES. When he was first placed on me after he was born, I was bonded to him for forever, I assure you. Sometimes I give him so many kisses, I'm afraid his cheeks might come off. But then, you guessed it, he smiles, and I think, yes, more kisses. I love you, my sweet boy.

 

2 comments:

Jenelle Leanne said...

Awwww :) I love the video at the end! :)

Shelly said...

This post is too cute!