…for my Christmas home tour. Because I am SUCH a decorator :)
If you do not know me, please pause to insert sarcasm above.
However, I do enjoy making my home holiday-y, even if only for my family!
First of all, here is my cute snowman doormat that greets you as you…walk down the stairs. It was of course supposed to greet you as you come in the door, but Hannah insisted we could see it better this way and who am I to argue with that logic??
A few items in my kitchen:
Cute gingerbread tea towel from my mom’s friend Linda (who is also my friend! I used to babysit her kids many moons ago and we still keep up with their family). It’s the only one I have and I really like it, so I’ve been smacking people when they get near it.
Mitten cookie jar with a jingle bell lid, filled (until recently, ha!) with no-bake peanut butter cookies.
My snowman refrigerator magnets. I love this on my white fridge. I also love that he has extra buttons this year, added by a certain little one year old- cute, cute ;)
Moving on to the living room. Here is half of our mantle. I don’t know what to do with the other half, so I’m only showing you this part. This nativity set was handed down to us this year from an old family friend who is clearing out her house. It looks so nice at night all lit up.
We have managed to lose all but one stocking…Hannah was playing with them when we first got all the holiday stuff out…Hopefully they’ll turn up before Christmas Eve!
My Christmas tree! I snagged this bad boy on the side of a mountain a few weeks ago in Valle Crusis with mi familia. I will probably do a post about that trip soon because it was a good time, but for now I will tell you how I feel about my Christmas trees. They must be fat. They must be as tall as possible. And, they must be real (lemme tell ya, I was pretty relieved that John agreed with me on this when we got married). Also, I’m rather particular and like to pick it out myself, pending others’ approval, of course. But really, I pick it out. Yeah…
So, tree-decoration-wise, this is what one of my friends would call a tacky tree. I prefer the term happy tree ;). It is a mish mash of ornaments from when John and I were little, ornaments my great aunt made a long time ago, ornaments made by or about the girls, etc. I do like white lights. Hannah did a great job decorating this year; it was SO fun to watch her enjoy herself so much. I hung up like 2 ornaments and let her and Daddy do the rest. John stuck a little tiny angel on top to be funny. We normally put a beautiful angel his sister made up there, but this year’s tree is so tall it didn’t fit. I am just dying to buy a house with vaulted ceilings simply so I can have a taller (and fatter) Christmas tree.
That’s about it, decoration-wise. We do have a few other things out, but I think I’m going to do a separate post about them b/c they are related to our Christmas-y activities.
3 comments:
I love that you got a tree too tall to put an angel on! That is awesome! Missed you last night, hope everyone is healthy soon.
I don't think taller ceilings would necessarily mean you could fit your tree-topper on. Knowing you, 15foot cathedral ceilings would most likely mean a 15.5 foot tree. :) hahah
I love that y'all don't have a "posh" tree, either. Someday we will stay HOME for Christmas, and then we'll be able to do the real tree thing, too.
Looking forward to our library play date tomorrow!
Ooo I love your tree! Ours is decorated much the same- none of the ornaments match, and they are all super special to me in some way.
Post a Comment