Monday, February 3, 2014

My day

Because it’s been a long time since I wrote this post, I feel the need to write another ‘day in the life of’ posts. Not only is it one of my most popular posts, it is also one of the ones that I most enjoy going back and reading :) It’s amazing what you forget!

 

So, I bring you:

LAST THURSDAY

3:30am – Start earlier than usual to nurse the baby after he hollers for 10 minutes. He hasn’t woken up at this hour in several weeks, but apparently tonight is another story. An hour later I drift off again.

6:45 – Rebekah appears beside me in bed. I roll over.

7:15 – Hannah appears beside Rebekah in my bed. I roll over.

7:45 – Isaac wakes up and I nurse him while talking to Rebekah, breaking up a fight or two, wrapping up a wet nighttime diaper and yelling “PLEASE put it in the TRASH can!”, and helping a 2 yr old pull up her ‘big girl panties’.

8:15 – Breakfast time! I blend smoothies, dish out cereal (which they pour into their smoothies…oh well!), and clean up the dishes and sweep under the table. I then force people to get dressed, which is apparently really mean of me.

8:45 – Run to wash myhair, come back to find happily playing children. Bring up and put away laundry. Blowdry hair b/c, STILL, everyone is being calm. Staring at the snow helped.

 

9:00 – Play with cute baby, make a meal plan, give Isaac his tummy meds.

9:30 – Baby falls asleep, I run to the kitchen to chop up veggies and start the crockpot. I have many discussions about the meaning of life and pretend not to notice when my “starving” children each make off with a carrot and eat them under the kitchen table. They like to think they are getting away with something. When that ‘thing’ is a carrot, I let it slide.

 

 

10:15 – Baby awake and wants to play; nurse him while the girls sing and dance and play with Dinosaurs in the living room.

10:45 – Send Hannah to her room for having a temper tantrum. How old are we again??

11:15 – Send H to her room again to await consequences for her terrible attitude. Change Isaac’s clothes, rag and blankie 3x for spitup related reasons. Punish child awaiting consequences.

11:30 – Impromptu bath after Rebekah pees all over the stairs (and her legs and her SHOES – gross) when I leave the room for 20 seconds.

11:45 – Change I’s diaper, down for another nap.

12:00 – Make lunch, eat, clean up, talk extensively about H’s rapidly approaching 5th birthday.

12:30 – Sit down to do school (our 59th day! – G is for Goat unit). Succumb to allowing Rebekah to watch a “Little Bear’ episode after about 5 minutes because she’s distracting Hannah.

 

1:05 – Set up H with an activity to make a farm book and do some worksheets with Rebekah for the first time ever. She does an amazing job and is super excited about it! Take pics to show off to Nana and call her to chat for a while.

 

2:00 – Isaac wakes up and nurses. Girls fight and then pile up 1/2 the contents of their rooms around me on the couch while I let him fall asleep on me (I LOVE IT when he does this-I only interrupt these times for very serious reasons). Read 2 Samuel 20.

3:00 – Finally stand up and put him down. Mmmm! Dinner smells delicious! He’s immediately awake. Girls play nicely. I’m hungry, so I make a quick cheese quesadilla, which I must share, so I end up making four…

3:30 – Game please! I agree, but make them clean up the warzone that is the living room first. We play UNO Moo and a few puzzles.

4:00 – Clean up games and puzzles; be extremely grateful dinner is in the crock pot. Look up directions for the museum.

4:35 – Nurse Isaac. Girls play and whine about being hungry.

5:00 – Daddy is home early!!! I am falling asleep sitting up nursing when he arrives.

5:30 – Eat chicken and veggies for dinner, show Daddy R’s worksheets, clean up R’s puke (fun fun), eat cake.

6:00 – get ready to go; change I’s everything.

6:30-8:45 – Go to Community Group. Big girls are downstairs with a babysitter and friends while Little Man and the rest of us discuss a passage upstairs.

9:00 – Home; late bedtime for the girls. Play with Isaac. Chat with John.

9:45 – Nurse Isaac again; pray it’s the last time and he won’t want to eat at 12:45am!

10:30 – Put him to bed and pray again!! He cries for a few minutes, but is completely zonked out by 11:00. To bed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm exhausted just reading that! I don't know how you do it.