Friday, July 18, 2014

My Kindergartener

Hannah went to school. I’m still alive. I didn’t want her to go. I wanted to keep her forever! I realize this makes me a crazy mother. I do not care and I am owning it.

 

However, when her school started last week, she was there with bells on. Well, she had on a cute outfit, at least ;)

 

Our county does staggered entry for kindergarteners, which I have decided is a brilliant idea. You sign your kiddo to go just one day the first week and the teachers only have like 4-7 kids each day. Easier transition for the kids and for the teachers who are having to explain SO many new things to them.

 

Hannah went last Wednesday.

 

I gave her a present (Bananagrams, b/c she wanted it bad. I have no idea why, other than that she is awesome) and we had fast food sausage biscuits for breakfast, picked up and delivered by The Daddy.

 

I had tried so hard to be positive in her presence, but she was SO NERVOUS (what can I say?, it’s in her nature – she likes to know what to expect, and school is a whole new animal).

Until I started taking pictures.

Then she was so excited she about jumped out of her skin.

Warning: Picture Overload.

John was going to accompany us, but since Isaac had a cold and had fallen asleep, he stayed at home with the baby while Bek and I dropped off Hannah. Rebekah CRIED when we walked out of the room, but Hannah was just fine. I saved my few tears for the car, but I focused on helping Bek feel better, which in turn helped me a lot!

 

Hannah came home brimming with excitement and so much information she had trouble remembering anything at all. We keep finding out bits and pieces. She even made a friend the first day. My sweet girl :)

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

You have been on my heart and in my prayers girl. I shed many a tear this time 2 years ago. I know it wears off for most moms in the months that follow, but it never did for me. That was the Holy Spirit speaking. I'm so glad she did great! I know she must have made lots of friends because she is cute as a button and who wouldn't want to be friends with someone that adorable?!?
P.S. My kids still mourn each other's absence. Its not necessarily a bad thing :)