Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What's going on...

Hannah is working on sitting up. She does OK in the corner of the couch or when she holds onto your hand. She tends to kinda slowly slump over to one side, which is pretty cute to watch. Last night, she sat up on her own for about 3-5 seconds when John slowly moved his hands away and then she promptly face-planted onto the bed. She suddenly loves her swing (and the cool hanging toy that I found BRAND NEW IN THE BOX at Goodwill for approximately 15% of the retail cost!!!). This is a good picture to show what a happy girl she is- nearly always has that sweet smile.
"Hi Mommy! I'm the sweetest baby ever!"
We introduced the exer-saucer about 2 weeks ago. She likes it about 50% of the time...never know what the reaction will be! I keep it in the bay window in the kitchen so she can play while I'm grabbing a bite for breakfast, emptying the dishwasher, or fixing dinner. She mostly just tries to put everything, including stuff anchored to the tray, in her mouth. Sometimes frustration ensues when she can't pick up the 'cool stuff' that is attached.
Last weekend, we traveled to Winston so I could attend a Bridal Shower for a dear friend and, of course, so Hannah could visit family. She had a LOT of fun with her Nana and Papa. I think this is the first time Hannah has really gotten a kick out of playing with her great-grandmother. Grammy is a wonderful singer and she and Hannah sang silly songs and bounced for a long time! You can see they were both having a great time :)
Two nights ago, we decided it was time to introduce some rice cereal to Hannah's repertoire. She had been eyeing our food and drinks and trying to grab them away from us! Here are a few pics from her first 'solids' experience:

The anticipation! "Ooooh, for me?? Finally!"
"That was OK, but not exactly as thrilling as I had hoped...I'm ready for more though!...or, maybe I'll just try to eat my feet again..." (yes, I learned my lesson: tray is needed to keep child from trying to eat toes instead of what is on the spoon, even though she is obviously interested in what is on the spoon)
"OK, I am clearly done here..."
I included that last picture b/c it is hilarious! She looks kinda creepy, actually. She was VERY finished when she was finished! Overall, though, it was definitely a positive experience. I plan to give her a little each day and just get her used to the concept. I still am a huge fan of nursing (in fact, I'm combining her rice cereal with breast milk instead of water for a while) and plan for her to get most of her nutrients from that for as long as possible. However, I know she needs to be introduced to the concept for 'real food' slowly, so I'm starting now.

No comments: