Wednesday, September 2, 2009

6 months old

Today marks exactly 6 months since I made my grand appearance into the outside world. I thought I'd walk you through my fascinating day. I'm pretty amazing at this point, so I doubt you'll get bored. However, if I get too wordy, do not fear-there are cute pictures galore.

I greeted Mommy this morning with a happy face. As usual, I had turned 180 degrees from where they left me last night. I do this to throw them off track...for some reason, it surprises Mommy every time. I often flip back and forth between sweet and happy to see her...
...and thumb-suckingly chill, especially when I've just woken up.
Next, Mommy took me to the changing table and changed my diaper. I usually play with the little toys laying around me. However, I still love my toes best of all. Mommy always has to pull them away from me to get my diaper on!After breakfast, Mommy got me dressed on her bed. Don't I look silly? Hope you aren't planning on leaving me like this, Mom!
Since it has been beautiful weather-wise the last few days, Mommy was willing to take me for a walk this morning. She actually had to bust out a blanket for my feet (didn't last long). Here I am squinting in the sun as she insisted on taking my picture. Good grief, the things I must endure to maintain my celebrity status.
After our walk, Mommy laid me down for my morning nap. Sweet as ever, I drifted off and when I woke up an hour later, I had nothing but big grins! Mommy and Daddy say I'm truly a Sorrell/Spence with my love of sleep at all times of the day and night! They are apparently OK with it...
After naptime, we headed downstairs to play with my toys. Think I have enough?
Later in the afternoon, I spread my arms the exact same way as earlier (it's my official "I'm cute- you should take a picture" pose) and asked Mommy to take a picture of me on my gym, which has migrated up to Mommy and Daddy's bedroom. Don't tell them, but I'm planning to eventually take over the entire house...
After playing with my gym for a while, Mommy got the brilliant idea that since I've been trying to sit up lately, she'd give me some help. Isn't the back of my head just adorable? I've had this bald spot for a while now and I wish it would go away...good thing I'm cute regardless!
I sat this way for a good 5 minutes, chewing on this strap, and let Mommy get lots of pictures, for which she was thrilled! She was so proud she even sent a copy to Daddy and both grandmothers! She's such a show-off about me sometimes...

It's gotta be hard knowing your tiny baby is turning into such a big girl! (I mean, really, I look so grown up in that last picture...)

1 comment:

Jenelle Leanne said...

awwww! love that last picture! I can't believe how big she's getting!