Monday, December 7, 2009

You give me Feva'

Kristen here. My baby girl had a some trouble this weekend. Her Friday immunizations (long story) really pushed her to the limit. She had a fever starting late Friday night that lasted through the middle of the night Saturday. The highest it went was 103.1 F!

Pretty crazy! The poor thing was really sweet, but you could tell she just felt awful. John and I agreed that it was about the most pitiful thing we'd ever seen. Her expression just screamed (however weakly!). "why, Mommy, why do I feel like this?? Fix me!" There was a lot of snuggling and rocking, some things we haven't done regularly for months since she's become such a big girl...I loved holding my baby, but hated the reason behind it. She actually fell asleep on me, holding on like a little monkey. I can't remember the last time that happened.
I got up every few hours that night to check her temp and to give her Tylenol if needed. The fever broke about 1:30 am Sat. night. On Sunday, she felt a lot better, but I could tell she was very worn out from the day before. No wonder! That was a lot for her little body to deal with.

What do we do when we are sick? TV! Since Hannah has no interest in TV, we let her do the next best thing, play with the remote. It brought an almost-smile to her face.

"Hi, Mommy! I'm trying really hard to feel better so we can play!"
Finally, are these monkey jammies not THE cutest thing ever?

No comments: