Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cute Conversation

Well, this is not at all a 'catch up' post, but Hannah and I had the cutest/sweetest/funniest conversation last night and I just had to share. I typed it up and sent it to my mom and then decided I'd like to have it on the blog as well, mostly for my sake, but I think you will get a kick out of it too, especially if you know of my excessive use of the word "booger" to describe someone. Read on.

Hannah comes to her door at 10pm and wants to talk to me. So, I sit with her on her bed for a bit and listen. She keeps talking about EVERYthing from what we did today to totally random factoids.

About 10 minutes into the fairly one-sided conversation:

Me: Hannah, it's time to sleep. Daddy is in bed and Rebekah is in her bed too.

H: Did you feed Rebekah?

M: Yes.

H: Was she hungry?

M: Yes.

H: (tries to look down my shirt) Do you have any more mommy milk in your body?

M: Well, not right now, but I will soon.

Her entire face lights up-Huge Smile

H: (Gasp!) Are we having another baby????

(She. Was. Thrilled.- seriously, she said “we” and everything)

M: (Die laughing)

H: Mommy, can we have another baby, please? [in her, “if I am sweet, I will get what I want” voice]

M: Well, sweetie, one day we probably will, but not right now. [and, so there’s no confusion for her…] There is not a baby in my body right now.

H: (stares at me a while, taking it in, and then gets tickled at my laughing) Mommy, are you laughing at me?

M: Yes.

H: Mommy, are you laughing at me because I’m a booger?

Me: (more crazy laughing)….YES!!

H: (smiles, laughs too, hugs me) Oh, Mommy, I love you!

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E


And, its nice to know that adding this character to our family hasn't bothered my big girl too terribly much. She must like her at least a little bit if she's already ready to welcome another to our home :)

4 comments:

Shannon Dingle said...

Don't let her talk to my kids too much, or she might start suggesting international travel as a means for getting your third baby. ;) I'm pretty sure Robbie thinks that babies come from Taiwan.

Laura Robinson said...

cutest. conversation. EVER.

bring on the babies Kristen!!!!!
and thanks to your sweet little Hannah bringing it up at lunch last week, Grace Elizabeth is very curious about when I will get my mommy milk too. :)

Jenelle Leanne said...

awww :) she is precious, I love her.

Shelly said...

We missed that sweet girl in nursery this Sunday! In typical boy fashion, Oliver isn't much of a talker so I like getting to hear what all the girls have to say.