Monday, April 16, 2012

Hannah-isms

Having a 3 yr old is basically non-stop hilarity. There is no tellin' WHAT will come out of a preschooler's mouth. Especially when you have a little chatterbox like I do. (If you are my facebook friend, you may have seen these already.)

Some examples I want to remember:

John hollers up the stairs to me: Hey Kristen, can you help me with something?
...before I have a chance to respond...
Hannah: Yes, John? What is it, John?
Funny thing is, I very rarely call him John; it's usually 'honey' or 'sweetie' or something.



From January:
Hannah was walking around pretending to be a princess. John put something like a crown on his head and Hannah notices...

H: Oh, Daddy! You are a prince!
Me: Do you know what the prince does? The prince loves the princess. Are you Daddy's princess?
H: No, Mommy, I think you are the princess! Cuz Daddy is your man.



Me: (looking in the mirror at my newly fitting clothes) Hannah! Mommy has lost some weight!
Hannah: Oh no, Mommy! It's ok, I will help you find the weight. Don't worry.
Ah, yes. In her world, losing something is a bad thing.



Sometimes she likes to pretend she is another person in the family like Daddy or Rebekah. She walked up to me yesterday and said, "Hey, Momma! I'm a Hannah Daddy."
"Oh, hello, Hannah Daddy, what are you doing today?"
"I'm gonna give you a KISS, because I'm a Hannah Daddy."
And then I received a big wet one just above my lip (which is funny b/c while Hannah sees John and I kiss each other on the lips, we only kiss her on the cheek, forehead, nose, etc.).
"Yeah, Mommy, I'm the Daddy and I give you the kisses."
I thought it was pretty funny (and sweet!) that she thinks of our relationship that way :)



And, of course, this wouldn't be complete without some discussion of #2 - a very big part of Hannah's conversations these days.

We are outside swinging and she sees the pollen on the sides of our house, the chimney, etc.
Hannah: Mommy, what's that on the house? Is it poop?
...before I can answer...
Hannah: Yeah, it probably is poop.
Me: You think that's what it is?
Hannah: Yeah, it's poop. There is poop on our house and on the swingset and on the ground. We need some rain to come and wash it away. And then it will dry! (her enthusiasm is growing...) And then we will have NO POOP! It will be really great, Mommy!!


1 comment:

Jenelle Leanne said...

hahahaha she is quite entertaining :)