We like food around these parts. John and I are both big fans (obviously…) and so far, our girls seem to be following suit!
So, for future reference…
HANNAH
We often eat cereal and fruit for breakfast; toss in yogurt every now and then. Every weekend, we have eggs and sausage/bacon. Add a little toast or one of Daddy’s homemade biscuits, and you’ve got one happy Hannah. For lunch, she eats very kid-esque stuff: cheese toast, PB&J sandwiches, etc. For lunch sides I try to have fruit and/or veggie and some sort of grain. For dinner, Hannah basically eats whatever we eat, with a few modifications for difficult dishes. Recently, she’s been doing well with soup and tacos (the two dishes that we have on a regular basis that were hard for her to eat ‘normally’ and required extra help or eating tortilla and filling separately, etc). I can’t believe she’s so big! I am so thankful she’s such a good eater. It really makes my life easier and more pleasant.
Except, of course, that she is constantly asking for food :-p
Today example-
Breakfast: banana, dozen grapes, dry cheerios pulled out of the container by the fistful, milk
Morning snack (about an hour later): raspberry applesauce
Lunch: whole grain bread, cheese chunks, watermelon, goldfish, raisins, water. (“Mommy! I’m still hungry!”) Super awesome mommy agrees to an orange creamsicle since super awesome child just ate a boatload of real food.
Afternoon snack: Sonic lime slushie (“I want a GREEN slushie, please!”), fruit snack baggie, animal crackers, water
Dinner: milk, baked chicken, mashed potatoes, peas, cucumber and tomato slices (we had salads and that is her version…still hard to eat salads alone, although she does enjoy taking bites of mine!)
Late night snack (sigh – still hungry!): more goldfish
REBEKAH
As for baby sister, she is still nursing 4-5x day. She eats three meals per day as well. I’d say we are about half and half with baby food purees and table food. Depending on what the rest of us are eating, I will decide whether to just feed her off our plates or pull out a container of baby food. And, as far as baby food, I make about half myself and the other half I purchase. I make the easy stuff like sweet potatoes, pears, etc. and buy the rest. Rebekah is at that awesome stage where she will literally eat anything you give her as long as it’s small and soft enough. She loves the way everything tastes! It’s so fun! I am having her try all sorts of stuff at dinnertime in an effort to keep her a good eater as she grows up (just like big sister!)
Today example-
5:00am – Nurse #1
8:00 – Breakfast: baby oatmeal, regular yogurt, prune juice – our daily dose of help!
Sometime later (I don’t remember- I’m so organized…) – Nurse #2
(Nap)
1:00 – Nurse #3
1:30 – Lunch: baby food apricot w/ mixed fruits, crackers, water
3:30 – Nurse #4
(Nap)
6:00 – Dinner: tiny bits of chicken, mashed potatoes, frozen peas
7:45 – Nurse #5 and off to bed shortly thereafter
A few weeks ago when she ate everything we had for dinner. I wanted to document! She had hamburger, mac n cheese, baked beans, and strawberries. It was so fun -she did not want to stop eating :)
2 comments:
I hope Hannah hasn't mastered opening the fridge door yet! I'm constantly finding ours left open, desserts tasted with little finger marks left in them...
We had tacos last night... L usually has: a tortilla, lots o' tomatoes, some lettuce, and a few slices of cheese... last night she decided she wanted all of it together on a tortilla like us, with the addition of a few strawberries, b/c I ALWAYS put strawberries on my tacos, don't you?? She ate half of it that way, declared it "delicious" then separated all the bits again and finished them separately.
Post a Comment