I was in denial about this for a while, but it happened anyway. My baby is one year old. On Wednesday, I realized I needed to embrace it and took lots and lots of pictures. :-D
Here is how Miss Big Stuff spent her special day:
First came breakfast, a very important time to this child. She wakes up, well, dramatically each day and the only way to remind her that all is not lost is by whisking her downstairs to food. You can see how serious it is by the look on her face!
After she finished, she terrorized her big sister for a few minutes while Hannah tried to finish her breakfast. She doesn’t know she’s terrorizing her, of course. She just thinks she’s getting upclose and personal with the world’s coolest person. Cute.
I showed her the message that Daddy left her on the mantel. Sweet :) Apparently, Daddy almost missed the bus to work because he was playing with blocks. Tsk tsk.
I decided to take my girls to the park at 8:00am! The weather was lovely, and we had the place to ourselves except for one little boy and his mom. Rebekah hasn’t spent a lot of time at parks in her short life. This is the first time we’ve gone where she’s actually been able to crawl around. It was perfect. Since it wasn’t crowded, she could take her time and She. Was. Fascinated.
Hannah showing her the ropes. “Look, Rebekah, this is how you do it! Come on!” So sweet.
“Ooooh, what’s over here????”
Maybe if I just, uh, uh….oh well…”
Baby jail?? :)
And then we hit the swings. She sorta enjoyed it…hehe, this face cracks me up.
I just love this sweet sister picture!
Upon the return home, we had the next most important time in Rebekah’s day (girlfriend likes her food)- lunch. She wolfed down cheese, watermelon, ham, sweet potatoes (the one baby food-esque thing she still eats), and crackers.
After lunch, the girls had a tea party together. Hannah didn’t plan for it to be ‘together’, hence being up on the chair, but Rebekah was undeterred and climbed up on the fireplace and then easily pulled up on the chair. Oh girl, you are a feisty one! Other than this, I honestly don’t remember what our afternoon looked like. Playtime, I suppose!
For dinner, we went to Chick-fila, ya know, “for Rebekah”, because she cared so much where she got to eat massive amounts of food. Hehe. I failed to take my camera in, but she ate a huge dinner and then really got a kick out of the toddler area in the playplace. Unlike her older sister, who is just now getting comfortable playing in the same area as rowdy strangers (I know, I know), Rebekah saw the ruckus as more of a “Oh, look, lots of loud screaming children are headed that way. I obviously need to follow them!” situation. They are very different, these two.
We got back home and presented Rebekah with her butterfly cake, which my precious husband made, without any instructions or help. I know. I don't know how I landed him either.
After a quick song and an attempt to reach out and grab fire with little baby fingers (no fear, this kid), we were down to the business of consuming the cake. Not surprisingly, it went over well with my girl.
Finally present time! We were mega big spenders and got her two whole presents. One from Hannah (a super basic puzzle she picked out) and one from us (an electronic book she has been obsessed with – yay! She likes it!).
“Wow, you mean I get to have this and when Hannah tries to steal it from me you will just have to remind her it was my birthday present and I get to KEEP it??? Nice".”
Pulling out the puzzle, after shredding all the tissue paper :)
Hannah got in on the action.
After presents, we played together as a family and sent the girls off to bed later than normal because we were having so much fun. It was a lovely day :)
And I still really can’t believe my baby is one.
2 comments:
She is SO stinking cute. She really is. Happy Birthday Rebekah!!
Keep an eye on this one- she'll be following Hannah up to the top of the slide while your back is turned in no time! Oh the joy of older siblings... Cannot believe she is 1. Just can't.
Post a Comment