Her birthday was on a Saturday this year, which was really fun because Daddy got to be home all day. We woke up normal time and asked her if she wanted to open presents or wait until later. Like any normal human being, she declared, with great gusto, “preseeeeeents!”
Still in her disheveled (but precious) princess hair from the night before, she opened her gifts. Her gifts from us were a princess puzzle, two play dresses, and a pair of summer pjs.
Rebekah had to be occupied by Daddy during the present-opening extravaganza.
Hannah’s favorite item from my aunt’s birthday bag was a princess pen/notebook set that I’m pretty sure is from the dollar store. Hilarious. She still has a conniption fit every time Rebekah comes near it. “She will RIP it, Mommy! Don’t LET her!”
The big surprise was that we bought her a bike this year :) So fun. About 2-3 months ago, I found a lady selling her daughter’s that she had outgrown and it’s been hiding in the rafters of the shed ever since. It is in great condition and I got a great deal (you knew there was no way I bought a new bike, right? That’s just crazy talk). Also, it came with training wheels. SOLD!
Hannah’s reaction when John wheeled it in…
HAHAHAHAHA.
She was super excited to try it out, so we let her drive it around the living room/kitchen/dining room over and over and over. We did eventually take it outside, but it was a cold day! At first she had absolutely no clue what she was doing, but she picked it up pretty quickly. I’ve enjoyed seeing her have so much fun with it.
That evening we had Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Lee (who happened to be visiting from Maine) over for Domino’s pizza, which was Hannah’s requested b’day dinner.
For some reason when told she could pick what type of cake she wanted, she immediately responded with, “Froggy cake!”
“Really, are you sure? You can think about it more…”
“No, I said a froggy cake and you said I could pick.”
Well, alrighty then.
I’m so glad John is good at this sort of thing, because it is NOT my forte. Homemade looking, but very cute :)
I would be remiss if I did not conclude with a picture of Grandma’s gift. Cinderella dress, wand, and crown. AND a breastplate and shield for her knight in shining armor. :-D
That’s right, folks . He makes delicious from-scratch froggy cakes and is an excellent fit for a suit of armor. Lucky girls.
1 comment:
Love it! Love the pictures!
That froggy cake is awesome!
Post a Comment