Friday, July 19, 2013

Baby boy

I am so excited to meet my little man in a few months. I realized today that we are right around the 3 month out mark. Because I am super special, I have to have c-sections and because I’m extra super special, they had me schedule mine extra early (2 weeks instead of one) last time. I’ll be honest; I’d be ok with it if they did that again. If that is the case, this kid will be delivered sometime mid-October. Who else can’t believe mid-October is 3 months from now??

 

We have a lot that will be happening between now and then.

The daddy will have a birthday. We will theoretically actually go on a vacation at some point. And, this little nut will turn 2!

Also, as seen in my last post, we have lots of house projects. Some will get done before baby boy’s arrival and I’m sure many will not. That’s ok. We will enjoy our time regardless :)

Here’s my pregnancy update:

How Far Along: 25 weeks
Size of baby: 13.5 inches and 1.5 lbs
Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 5 lbs as of my last appt. I will be checked again next Monday, so it will probably be significantly more at that point.

Maternity Clothes: All the time. I’ve actually had to stop wearing a LOT of the things (especially shorts) that I’d been using up to this point b/c they were getting really uncomfortable on my big ol’ belly.

Gender: BOY this time! Amazing :) I’m very happy about it, but honestly I’m also still processing it.
Movement: This kid is a kicker. Anytime I sit down (rare, haha) I immediately feel him. I have seen my belly move from the outside a few times, which always amuses me and Daddy and biggest sister have gotten to feel him several times (yay!).

Sleep: Better than usual at this point in the pregnancy! I’m very thankful! I still wake up more than I’d like b/c of my back hurting, but I haven’t been waking up at 4am unable to go back to sleep as often as I did with the last two babies.

What I miss: Hmmm, getting up off the floor without major effort and engineering.
Cravings: Milk milk milk.

Symptoms: As usual, my back hurts and I have mega swelling in my legs and feet. Most of my shoes no longer fit (yes, already, this is the earliest it’s ever happened) and my ankles are super stiff by the end of the day.

Best Moment this week: Feeling somewhat settled in our new house and knowing we will get to bring our little man home here.

 

 

So, while this isn’t the world’s most flattering picture, I am smiling AND it’s pretty realistic, so I went with it.

Hannah took this yesterday afternoon with my camera. She’s getting better! At least it’s not blurry.

No comments: