Yesterday was like my worst stay at home mommy day ever. It was bad. John came home to find me crying. That doesn’t really happen to me. Cry, yes. Cry about being at home with monsters all day. No.
John immediately went into superhero husband mode and saved the remainder of my day. He cooked dinner, he cleaned dirty children, he took them to the store (hallelujah) and told me I was in trouble if I so much as lifted a finger while he was gone. He made homemade ice cream (involving them the whole time) and he did all of the to-bed-putting. Aww, he loves me <3
Today has gone much better- so far at least! Part of what made yesterday hard was that I was hurting. Pretty much all over. So you have the regular pregnancy discomfort. Add to that my extra bad back (walking was getting difficult) and my super swollen feet/ankles. My bad foot had been stepped on one too many times, etc. Resting last night was helpful to giving my body a little breather. There just aren’t many breathers when you are a stay at home mom of two active little boogers!
So, all that to say, I decided to take some pictures of our happier day today :)
This mess of a child during lunch today. Where to begin? Upside down sunglasses. Insistence upon two sippy cups. Sitting in daddy’s chair instead of her booster. ET CETERA.
At least she’s a cutie pie and she ate all her food AND she smiled at the camera for once :)
“Say ‘I’m a silly pants!’ and smile!” Turned her pout into an almost smile. Well, I tried. I’m guessing this was after Rebekah had said something “really mean” or something…no one knows.
Because we all ate our lunch without a single meltdown (aka NOT what happened yesterday), we got to have matching freezie pops. It was Rebekah’s first taste and she was way into it. Hannah was, as always, very focused on her task.
And this is just before the great water dump of 2013. The bathroom got an unscheduled mopping. Which, let’s face it, is a good thing considering I’m a horrible housekeeper, particularly while pregnant.
Have I mentioned I’ve really enjoyed having a double vanity in the girls’/hallway bathroom? Kinda makes up for the fact that our master bath is nearly microscopic. First world problems.
2 comments:
Aww, I'm sorry you had such a rough day! :( Glad John came home and was super-hubby/super-dad for ya though!
We've all been there. Deep breathes, step outside for a minute...and thank the Lord you have a supportive husband :)
Post a Comment