Saturday, October 5, 2013

Lately

Lately, I’ve been on the computer entirely too much. If you are my Facebook friend, you already know this :) I just don’t feel like doing a whole lot other than the basics of caring for my two girls (don’t worry, they still make me get up from my computer chair regularly for disciplining!) these days. Pick up Rebekah a few times and I’m toast.

That being said, I have managed to do a few things in the last several weeks.

Although I had very little to do with this other than showing up and having a good friend, I had a shower!

 

Jenelle had this super cute (and super delicious) cake made for the shower!

 

Jenelle’s daughter (and Hannah’s super buddy) Leiana helped me with all the gifts :) I enjoyed that.

 

Shannon made me an adorable diaper cake!

 

One of my favorite gifts: Baby football in NCSU colors from a fellow fan! Thanks, Ashley!

 

Obligatory cheesy family picture at the insistence of my sister.

 

Hannah and I have continued homeschooling nearly every day. It’s not too hard physically, since I can sit with her for most of it. Even when I’m really tired, she is SO excited about it, I can usually manage to rally and make it happen.

 

Practicing the letter “U” in her salt box. Such concentration. I love watching her.

 

This unit was about “us” and the five senses, so on day 1, I put various things in paper bags and she described them using only her sense of touch. She was amused. Love this face!

 

We got haircuts for the girls, Rebekah’s first!

Hannah got an ADORABLE long bob. It looks so good even when I don't “fix” it! yay! I mean, we have baths at night; there is no way I’m going to be brushing and drying her hair each morning! This is the unbrushed version.

 

You can’t really tell much about Rebkeah’s from a glance, but it is thicker/less wispy at the tips and it is even all the way around instead of kind of coming to a point. Fortunately, she still has her sweet curls :) She insisted I take this picture (“I turning side Mommy! I turning! Take a picture too!”) just like Hannah.

 

I feel this is quite the accomplishment: Our sewer backed up twice and I kept the kids inside all day and did not send anything down any drain all day. I fed them two meals, did not let Hannah flush the toilet, and we did strange things like brush our teeth on the back porch and pour water over our hands onto a towel. Actually, the hardest part was remembering not to run the washing machine or dishwasher, as I do both of these things daily. It was an adventure, but hopefully it’s all fixed now! Rebekah enjoyed watching the backhoe dig a massive hole in our yard/the road whilst snacking.

 

Another homeschool unit we just started yesterday: D is for Dinosaur. You can bet my girl is pumped about this one!

 

Finally, I am very tired by the end of the day when Daddy arrives and he is often my hero, taking them outside to play for a while. I either make dinner (or, VERY recently, he’s been managing to cook too!) or just sit the heck down and not get up 4 seconds later :) Sometimes I can’t resist stepping out on the back deck and watching them <3

So sweet.

 

Today I picked up a few things for baby brother and did a massive playroom clean up (which I am currently regretting b/c my back hurts, but it looks SO much better!). John and the girls have been outside for a very long time doing yard work and playing. This is our 2nd to last weekend with only 2 kids to look after :) I’m cool with it.

1 comment:

becca Simmons said...

2 kids to look after, continued homeschooling, getting hair cuts, ... I think you are doing so well! The first couple weeks and the last couple weeks, I definitely have an extra show per day (ahem, at least) policy! :)

And, I LOVE the haircuts!! Meant to tell you on Tuesday how precious I thought Hannah's hair cut was!