December 1st – Tree is UP! We bought it at the NC Farmer’s Market for the first time instead of trekking up a mountain with my parents. Smallest tree I’ve ever owned. Ironically, also the most expensive.
Decorating with Daddy while Mommy supervises.
Playing with the Nativity Set in our living room bay window. I love this spot for them to play :)
O for Octopus. Working diligently on a cut/paste reading page. We learned that “even the octopus praises the Lord!”
Isaac looks on while we do school each afternoon. This cracks me up; he looks terrified.
Cutting out her handprint octopus. It was super cute with the little face she added. Poor thing was sick this day, but she sure can work a pair of scissors.
Under the sea. We have her octopus, seahorses, fish, and starfish. The green strips are seaweed. Obviously.
Every now and then he falls asleep during school time.
This little beauty pretending to sleep on the couch before church one Sunday morning.
Helping Daddy with some work he brought home after church that same day. (In case anyone is curious, this is our basement playroom.)
Earlier this week: snowmen outlined with marshmallows.
Someone kept sneaking a taste.
All done!
Caught her again :)
W is for Water unit. The biblical concept for this unit was “Jesus gives my spirit living water to drink”.
This was testing what types of things absorbed water. I particularly enjoyed this unit, as there were lots of experiments to be performed. I even checked a book out of the library with extras to go beyond what the curriculum suggested. Nerd alert :)
She got excited when she figured out how it worked. Very fun to see that light in her eyes when she discovers something new!
Our community group Christmas party. We had a birthday party for Jesus. There are four families and 9 kids involved, so clearly this was a winner.
Decorating cookies!
Oooooh, sprinkles!
Yum :)
Sitting with Mr. Brian (it was at his house…sorry I cut your head off…but my kids are just so darn cute and distracting) because she wanted to hold Isaac. And other people are more accommodating than I am about that sort of thing.
The kids did a book exchange. Such a good idea! You still get to open/trade gifts, but don’t end up with extra stuff in your house since we picked from what we already had.
Yesterday. Making paper plate wreaths.
My investment in a half pound bag of various sized pom poms has been so worth it. Also, I need to buy stock in glue sometime soon.
Proud of her final product. You can’t tell, but they colored the plates green before adding the decorations.
Finally, I am turning into my mother. I have turned the basement bedroom into present wrapping central. People may or may not be allowed in, depending on what is being wrapped at any given time.
My sweet helper yesterday afternoon :) I loved seeing how excited she got about GIVING all these presents to people. Fortunately, she’s good at keeping a secret since she knows what literally EVERY single person is getting other than herself and her sister. Also, not a surprise, she loved making separate gift piles for me.
2 comments:
Isaac looks just like Hannah. No competition there. And can I say I am highly impressed that you are doing school with just having a baby?! I slowed waaaaayyyy down in December. No good excuse either!
Fun December stuff! We are still in the middle of O-Octopus... because with traveling and then coming home and jet-lag, and West Coast time messing up our brains and then Daddy being home all this past week... well... no "units" of school for us... and no real "Christmas Unit" either... though we have been doing the Jesse tree and an art project that Aunt Angelina got for Leiana for Christmas... and cookie baking... which I think counts as "science" :) right?!??!?!
Post a Comment