Monday, December 22, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We are officially no longer residents of Raleigh...moving up in the world. Literally, we went north ;)

My wonderful mom came to help me pack/clean on Friday afternoon around 3:00. When I got home from work a mere two hours later, she had basically packed the rest of my apartment, completely emptied the kitchen, scrubbed the kitchen clean, and was hanging out saying, "OK, what else can i do here?" This is why we need moms!!!

Saturday morning, we had the entire Sorrell crew helping us pack our big rented truck (good thing, too, because it was rainy that day) and then unload it all at the house. My highly important job was, as Courtney said, to play air traffic controller on the front porch and tell everyone where everything went. Fun job :-D They got everything inside in record time. Highly impressive, but not altogether surprising.

Mom and I worked all afternoon to unpack the kitchen, our bathroom, and our bedroom so I could feel like the house was livable. John did his guy thing and fixed lots of little things all over the house. I feel like we all did a great job getting stuff organized and I was incredibly thankful for all the help!

I'll admit it was a bit of a bummer this morning to get in the car and go to work. I wanted to (a) sleep in...being pregnant and basically standing up for 3 solid days is exhausting!, and (b) go crazy continuing to fix up the house...call it a combination of nesting mode and the way I normally am anyways.

All that said, we have pictures, but we do not have internet at home yet. So, once I have the forethought to bring the camera (and cord, which I currently cannot find) to work with me, I will share :)

BTW, I am officially in the 3rd trimester now. Under the 3 month mark! I can't believe it!

- Kristen

1 comment:

dina said...

woot! super cute house, i'm a fan! i saw your mom on sunday... hopefully i can see YOU before the "rutabaga" is 18. :)