and other (not so) shocking revelations.
Updates:
1. I have stretch marks (clearly, this deserves the #1 slot).
2. John will begin his new job on Jan. 5 and has been spending all his 'free' time working on fixing up our new house, so that we can move in...
3. We are officially moving from our apartment to our new house this coming Saturday.
4. We found out that the health insurance 'options' for family members of employees at his new job are so expensive and so unuseful, that I am going to need to continue to work parttime, at least for the time being.
5. We have a baby name!...Well, a first name anyways. No decision yet on the middle name.
Here is how I feel about the updates:
1. Bah humbug
2. Yay! My manly husband is so handy :) I love it! It's so fun to see the house 'coming along' and observe how much he enjoys this big project.
3. Very excited about having a real home for our growing family and very tired from the seemingly continuous packing, cleaning, decision-making, etc.
4. I find this to be a bummer and it's not what we had originally hoped for, but I'm accepting it.
5. Hannah is a beautiful, feminine name that means "favored grace". John came up with it. Didn't he do good?
-------------------
Brief pregnancy update: We are at the end of week 27, which means the 3rd trimester starts very soon. Hannah is now over 2 pounds! We are way past rutabaga status now. And it feels like it was just yesterday that she was a little blueberry...(sniff, sniff). I am having a lot of trouble sleeping; everytime I try to turn over, my lower back absolutely kills me. However, I am enjoying my extra belly-ness and the fact that everyone smiles at you when they realize you are pregnant :) Very fun! Also, feeling her move is becoming more and more interesting. We played a little 'I'll poke you if you'll poke me" game for quite a long time last week! I'm pretty sure people walking past my office thought I had lost it, haha. Ok, end of pregnancy droning.
-------------------
I am hoping to take some pictures of the house this coming weekend when we are moving in. It basically looks like a construction zone right now anyway. Not exactly show-off worthy yet. I haven't made it out there (its a good 25-30 drive from our apt.) during the week at all because I'm so pooped after working all day. If I wasn't pregnant, I'm sure I'd be out there constantly, trying to give orders, direct unpacking traffic, put everything away prematurely, etc... Hmm, maybe it's good that I'm not there all the time ;)
We had a good time this past weekend. On Friday night we discussed moving plans, Christmas plans, and travel plans. After becoming thoroughly overwhelmed by this discussion, we opted to go out on a date night :) We headed to Assagio's and John had the brilliant idea to split garlic knots, a Caesar salad, and a meatlovers stromboli!!!! We both ate a much more varied dinner and paced ourselves better than normal because one thing came out at a time. We both tend to eat as quickly as humanly possible and often forget you are supposed to enjoy ambience and such when dining out. We got home, energized by our little date and packed up the entire kitchen. It took forever. We decided we are blessed indeed, since 95% of the stuff in there came as wedding gifts.
On Saturday, we parted ways. John worked on the house ALL day and I stayed at home and packed ALL day. I decided we own way too much stuff and should give half of it away. John says I have to wait...That evening we headed to his parents' house to celebrate his mom's b'day. His little brother cooked Japanese food and it was QUITE delicious. His sister made a yummy lemon cake. All I helped create for the occasion was the soon-to-come grandchild, but we decided that was work enough ;)
Sunday, we went to church, enjoyed Sunday School and serving in the nursery, and then both headed to the house. I put the kitchen together. It took forever. John painted most of the kitchen. That evening, we served coffee, hot cider, and cocoa (and cookies!) to folks who had come to our church to see the Christmas musical. It was really a lot of fun, just as it was last year.
As I mentioned earlier, I will try to post some pictures around this weekend, but I'm not sure what state my computer will be in following the move.
Until then,
Kristen
4 comments:
I think I would have preferred to have stretch marks show up before the third trimester... it was much more of a bummer when they showed up in week 36 because I had gotten used to the idea that I might not get them at all!
The house is very cute and Hannah is a beautiful name. I know a great many wonderful Hannah's, including my sweet 3 year old niece.
Have I mentioned that we are SUPER excited y'all are having a girl?!?!?
p.s. This is Jenelle, by the way
Yay for the update! I hope moving goes well! Let me know if y'all need anything!
Oh Hannah is such beautiful name!! I think Faith would be a good middle name like her mama has, don't you? :)
I loved hearing you pregnancy stories. My favorite part was that everyone kept offering me food and always wanted me to eat because I was pregnant! :)
Gosh, it won't be long before little Hannah Sorrell is here!
And where is that preggo pic, lady?!
Post a Comment