Monday, April 27, 2009

8 weeks old today

That's right. Miss Hannah Banana is 8 weeks old today. I can't really believe it. I also can't believe that some women go back to work after only 6-8 weeks of maternity leave. I can't imagine leaving this kid for any significant length of time!

Isn't this a great picture? Big yawn :) This is from Em's visit a few weeks ago. John enjoyed playing with her fancy camera. I feel that this is priceless - especially the lovely spit up stain on her onesie. We like to keep it real, folks.Hannah is sleeping in the crib now. She seems TINY laying on this big ol' mattress! But, I am thankful she made the transition without seeming to even notice and is sleeping just as well as she was in her little moses basket/cradle. This is the wide eyed look I got today when I put her down for her nap.

I can't believe how much my daughter has changed in less than 2 months! She is really starting to lock onto interesting things with her eyes now. She likes the little snail on her bouncy seat. She stills seems to avoid eye contact, which is pretty amusing since babies are supposed to like faces so much. However, I've been making enough ridiculous faces lately that she seems to have decided to check them out. Making her laugh/smile is the BEST THING EVER. And I am not exaggerating...not one bit :)

2 comments:

Zack said...

That first pictures could easily pass for a scream :0)

We need to let Hannah and Josiah meet soon!

Kristen said...

Hannah is sooo precious! Ah, I need to meet her! :) She looks so much like you!