Tuesday, June 2, 2009

3 months old!!!!

This is what I looked like (read: preciousness) this morning when Mommy came in to check on me. I slept from 9:30 last night until 9am this morning. Mommy said it was pretty impressive. I dunno-it's just how I roll. Gotta get that beauty sleep.
When I woke up at 9, I was pretty happy about life and thrilled to see Mommy/the camera. How cute am I here? Mommy says sleep sacks are a super fantastic invention.

Naturally, to celebrate my 3-month-old-ness, we made a trip to the post office to buy a ridiculously large number of stamps. I was extremely well-behaved, though slightly embarrassed when Mommy insisted on taking my picture in front of the stamp machine...jeez, mom. As you can see, I tried to avert my eyes...

When we got home, I continued the celebration by sitting in my bouncy seat and looking adorable. Those hands are always in little fists and up near my face. It's just this thing I do.
This afternoon, Mom wanted to go buy random stuff with coupons at Harris Teeter. I feel that she's a bit obsessive about it. When we got home, she continued the nonsense by taking a picture of her spoils. She's so silly. You can see that I was so thrilled I fell asleep. You will also notice I am wearing a different outfit. I like to spit up when Mommy least expects it. It's one of my many talents.
After the nonsensical grocery trip, I had some tummy time. There are no pictures of that because, well, I was pretty angry about it. Tummy time is second only to fingernail clipping on the list of torturous activities which I must endure.

This final picture is a shot of me with my new play gym. My Nana bought it for me. And lemme tell you, IT IS AWESOME, PEOPLE! At first, I didn't know what to do with it. I would lay there and expect something exciting to happen. Seeing that I'm pretty sharp, I figured it out. Turns out it's all about 'being active'. Now, I bang the little animals with my ever-present fists; I kick my legs all around for no apparent reason; I squeal in delight. And, yes, I am totally adorable when I squeal. You should all be jealous.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

We have that same car seat :)

Jenelle Leanne said...

ha ha ha ha! I love the narrative style from Hannah's point of view :) I might have to steal it for a future post.

Looking forward to seeing y'all tomorrow!

~Jenelle

Zack said...

Awesome Hannah!

And don't worry, you'll grow to like tummy time a lot. In fact, I predict that by 6 months, your mommy won't be able to keep you on your back, 'cause you'll always roll over so you can be mobile!

mle said...

Wow, when those eyes are open, they are OPEN :) Can't wait to see Hannah again... and you too! And SO glad to hear about the reality of stay-at-home-ness.

LIking the pics, Em