Thursday, June 25, 2009

2nd Anniversary, etc. etc.

A few weeks ago, John and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary. We went out to eat on our actual anniversary and then went to see "Jersey Boys" last night! IT WAS AWESOME (disclaimer: there was a lot of foul language and one 'questionable' scene). Definitely one of the most entertaining musical/plays I've ever seen! Very interesting to learn about the group and what they went through. Doesn't hurt that I love oldies music. Hearing the inspiration behind some of the songs was really cool as well.

Of course, being the now sentimental sap that I am- I blame having a baby on this phenomenon- I starting thinking how different our life is just 2 years after our wedding. In just 24 short months:
* John has had 3 different jobs (and would like to stay at his current one for a very long time!)
* We had an awesome vacation to the Florida Keys, pre-baby
* Hannah was conceived and was born 2 1/2 weeks early!
* We left our apartment in Raleigh and bought a house a bit out of the city
* I quit my job to stay home (that's right!!! I am now an official stay-at-homer, or, as I like to say, the "Ultimate Momster")
* We have managed to blow up two computers in the past week :-p

Ok, the last one wasn't as earth shattering as the others, but it was rather insane. Our dumpster dive laptop (yes, we found it in a dumpster, threw in a new hard drive, bought a charger on ebay, and used it successfully for 8 mos) decided it didn't like us anymore and starting smoking last week. Then, two nights ago, my trusty old HP desktop from Freshman year of college decided it had had enough as well and starting smoking and popping as we were trying to transfer the laptop data onto it! Oh, the insanity...I don't begrduge the desktop, however. She was good to me for 7 years. I have had some harsh words with the laptop...

Good news is, I am going into work one last time in July to train some people to do some of my tasks and I get to keep my work computer until then. So, I have a nice laptop for the next two weeks. After that, we are praying that the Lord will give us a good opportunity to buy an inexpensive desktop so I can check the news, pay bills, etc. (and read all my blogs and other important stuff).
Now, what you've all been waiting for...Pictures of my adorable child...who is nearly 4 months old, which is a 1/3 of a year...(John pointed this out to me and I was none too pleased about it!)...which distresses me to no end b/c she is getting SO STINKIN' BIG...BOO HOO! Ok, I guess I'm pretty happy that she's a very healthy, growing little girl, who is incredible sweet MOST of the time.


She sleeps 9-11 hrs every night. She eats every 2 hrs during the day. She loves her bathtime, bouncy seat, and ratty pooh bear puppet we got for free at a yard sale. She also loves for your to rub her head, play with her feet and hoist her up into the air above your head. Getting her up in the morning is one of my favorite things b/c she is always all smiles! She is upstairs chattering away right now!

Doesn't she look like such a big girl???
We bought a nice oriental rug at a yard sale for $70. The lady said she paid over $1000 and hardly used it. It is awesome. In other home furnishing news, my Nana (Hannah's Grammy...confusing huh!?) bought us a nice glider/ottoman set. I think John and Hannah are fans.


Also, I am really getting into frugality and couponing. I have always been a cheapskate, haha, but now I am enjoying finding deals on the internet, clipping coupons, price matching, etc. I have been taking pictures of my great loot (basically to show my mom b/c noone else really cares...but, I am a nerd and it makes me happy to have evidence).

Oh yeah, and Hannah has now been to Bojangles. Here she is with my good friend Melody. I feel there are not equal levels of enthusiasm here...We'll work on it.
Tootles.

1 comment:

Zack said...

Ah! Starting her young on the Bojangles I see!

We gotta hang out soon!