We went to Emerald Isle on the Outer Banks over Labor Day weekend with Daddy's family. It was a bit rainy, but we had a nice time hanging out with family in the beach house. I impressed everyone with my remarkable napping/sleeping skills.

Later that month, Grandma dressed me up like a bear...OK, not really, but she did buy me this adorable, fuzzy coat with little bear ears on top.

Am I cute or what? This is my America's Next Top Model pose.

Mommy introduced me to the
sippy cup a few weeks ago. I haven't figured out what to do with it yet, but boy, do I love chewing on that straw! It is one of my favorite 'toys'.

Mommy snapped this picture because she thought I looked SO GROWN UP here...sitting up, wearing my frilly shirt and pants and holding that
sippy cup...I am still a bit wobbly at times, so she likes to surround me with pillows when I'm on the hardwood floors. Upstairs on the carpet, I have to fend for myself!

Another picture Mommy took just b/c she thought I was a cutie. This was one of the first chilly days we've had and she wanted to keep me warm. I wore my monkey hat and
PJs all day! I've had this hat since before I was born and finally have a chance to wear it!

At the beginning of October, Mommy and I went to visit Nana and Papa. I showed them how much I love 'standing up' on their couch.

Of course my great grandma had to stop by as well. She can't get enough of me! Apparently I make her laugh better than anyone else can! I loved it when Grammy sang to me :)

This is the precious dress I wore to church last week. I feel so very autumn in my brown and turquoise jumper :), with frilly socks, of course.

I am doing lots of new things including holding up my arms when I want to be picked up, standing up (with help) at every opportunity (Mommy thinks I'm going to skip crawling altogether and go straight to walking...), and eating some more solids. I am not overly thrilled with cereals and other mushy baby food, but will eat a bit if I'm in the right mood. However, I LOVE LOVE LOVE finger foods. Mommy feeds me puffs and has started letting me eat off of her plate, which I think is the greatest thing ever. I still am nursing to get the majority of my calories.
I am quite good at occupying myself for a while with toys if the adults need to do something. But, I am always very happy when they come back to play with me. I love to observe other children playing, but rarely try to join in. The people-watching can keep me busy for quite a long time. I continue to be an extraordinary sleeper (Mommy and Daddy pray this will never end...). And, as always, I am very sweet, happy baby who is loved immensely by her family!
Also, I said "DA" last week. Daddy was beside himself ;) and told everyone about it. That's the power I possess, people...
No comments:
Post a Comment