Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hannah's First Christmas

A few days before Christmas, Mommy's college roommates Miss Lisa and Miss Diana came for a visit. Miss Lisa brought me my first Christmas present, ever! I really enjoyed the bow the best...Mommy had a great time watching me have this 'first time' experience.
Miss Lisa's gift was a penguin that laughs and plays a little jingle every time I make it wobble! Yeah, I dig it. It's a perfect toy for me to learn cause and effect. Also, it has volume control, which pretty much thrills Mommy's soul.

Christmas Eve morning we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house to celebrate. They make a big yummy breakfast! I enjoyed my pancake a lot. After breakfast, we opened presents. I got lots of stuff, but here's a gift from Uncle Lee..."Uncle Lee, what am I supposed to do with this thing???? What do you think I am, a monkey or something?"

We spent Christmas Eve night with Grandpa's family at Grandma Sorrell's house. This is a part of the annual photo shoot for each family- my first! This is the best shot we managed of everyone. I wasn't really feeling the picture thing at this point; the paparazzi had been on me all day long! Must have been the cute Christmas outfit Mommy found for me :)

Christmas morning was spent at home with Mommy and Daddy. Too bad Mommy was sick at this point...It may have been my fault. We still managed to have a nice time though. Daddy saw another daddy playing with this in Target and thought it was nifty, so he got it for me. I think I like Mommy and Daddy's gifts the best, but don't tell anybody!

By this point, I am pretty awesome at opening presents. I can rip with the best of them and I have figured out that I need to look under the tissue paper to find something cooler underneath. I got really excited when I saw the GloWorm that Mommy had picked out for me! Little did I know that it was even cooler than I originally thought and it lights up and PLAYS MUSIC. This is the ultimate in awesomeness. I love having my GloWorm when I take naps now. Mommy is pretty pleased that I like it so much.

After our little family Christmas, we headed to Nana and Papa's house about 2 hours away...Yeah, we are pretty bad about taking picture in that family (plus, Mommy and Daddy BOTH ended up being sick while we were there!), so I don't have any. BUT, here I am in my Christmas-like getup a few days after the actual holiday when I was back home with a sick Mommy and Daddy. I was finally feeling better though!


1 comment:

Jenelle Leanne said...

You have a very cute daughter. I am amazed at her eloquence and typing skills. Maybe she could teach Leiana, and then she could take over the blog for me.

It's so fun seeing what toys they form attachments to. Leiana loves her glow-worm. Did you know that the glowworm is machine-washable? I didn't... until this morning! You just have to take the battery pack out... yep... you can read all about it on my blog. I knew I liked that glow-worm!