Thursday, September 26, 2013

3 weeks to go!

My body is highly aware that I’m giving birth soon. It is so aware of it, it won’t let me stand up or walk around for more than 5 minutes or so without completely rebelling. Sigh! Hard to do as a SAHM of two fighting active munchkins! I am constantly trying to convince them to sit down and read books with me :)

 

Here’s my pregnancy update:

How Far Along: I will now insist on counting down. 3 weeks + 1 day left!
Size of baby: 18 inches and 5.5 lbs. We’ll see!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Don’t throw things at me, but I’ve gained 16 lbs total. I officially weigh more than I ever have in my lifetime though. I weighed more when I got pregnant with this kid than with the other two (big surprise), so even though I haven’t gained too much, my total weight is higher than it’s ever been. Kinda weird to see those numbers!

Maternity Clothes: Ummm, I am getting quite limited. Also, I’m going to be in trouble if it gets cold in the next 3 weeks. Feel free to overlook the fact that I will be wearing the same pair of maternity yoga pants every single day. Thanks.

Movement: It’s like he KNOWS when I’m trying to rest… :)

Sleep: Phew, I’ll be honest, the sleep is getting rough. Turning over takes like 5 minutes and I have added many pillows to our bed, much to John’s chagrin.

What I miss: Doing more than one thing in a row without feeling like I’m going to fall over. Errands are getting kind of difficult, what with the cart pushing and all.


Cravings: Blech. IDK. He’s been invading my personal stomach space this week, so it’s been kind of hard to ‘crave’ anything.

Symptoms: Super large belly. Wiggly hips, and not in a sexy way, haha. Fat feet. And, general irritability when someone makes me get up off the couch…again. Honesty.

Best Moment this week: Hearing Hannah tell her new doctor “I have a brother and a sister! We have 5 people in our family!” I love that she always includes him when answering familial questions. She gets that he is every bit alive as she is, even though she has never seen him :) Sweet girl. Also, Rebekah has started coming up to me and asking, “Feel baby bwother moving, pwease?” I might love it when she does that ;)

 

My baby, taken yesterday. He hangs out so much lower than either of the girls did! I think that’s why my hips are rebelling.

KINDLE_CAMERA_1378205932000

I took this myself with my Kindle :)

3 comments:

becca Simmons said...

I so missed you on Saturday!! (just a random by the way!)

Excited to meet this baby boy! I will not throw things at you, but I will say that I gained 42 pounds with baby 1 and 39 pounds with baby 2. Haha!

That belly shot absolutely makes me smile!! I love your honesty! No one needs to know how much we sit while the littles run around at the beginning of the pregnancy and again at the end!

Jenelle Leanne said...

:) I loved this post :) And I won't throw things either... I only gained 16 pounds total with N... but I did start out 10 lbs heavier with her, so ended up at the exact same weight as with L... weird.

Casey said...

I will not comment on weight gained in pregnancy :) -but I will say that this went by quick! or so it seems. Excited for you. Little boys have a way of stealing your heart.