To help our mostly mild-mannered child to not dread sports as we both did, we have been trying to slowly expose her to various games.
Time for T-ball!
She has been tossing a ball in the air and giving it a good whack for months now, ever since I brought home a $1 ball/bat combo from the grocery store one day. We thought that an intro class on T-ball was in order. When we moved to Cary, I perused the Parks and Rec catalog for something for her age. The pee wee t-ball seemed perfect. It only lasts for 4 weeks, is a reasonable price, and is mostly a CLASS, not games/teams/etc.
As someone who is not well-versed in sports at all and feels totally inadequate to teach even the basics, this appealed to me :)
Her coach/teacher is fantastic with her age group. She has been teaching them just the basics, having them review, and then give everyone a chance to try each skill. It’s really perfect. She was SO excited yesterday when she hit a homerun. It helps, of course, when the other kids don’t have a clue how to play in the field :) But still, her joy was contagious and I found myself cheering for her in spite of the fact that I knew it was half luck. Who cares? She’s 4 and excited about a physical activity for once! I’ll take it.
Running to first during her ‘practice run’.
On her way to second. She’s a good little runner. Gotta love those long legs :)
Excitedly waiting for what comes next as she watches the others take their turn running the bases.
Her coach kept putting her at second base. This is what she does most of the time- play with her shirt…unless she’s sitting down and patiently watching everyone, waiting for her turn at bat, which is, of course, the most exciting part.
No comments:
Post a Comment