Hannah planted some grass seeds in a bucket at church and we've been watering them and waiting. A few days ago, the grass was noticeable for the first time.
Me: Hannah, look! Your grass seeds are growing!
Hannah: Just like me! I am growing and growing and growing bigger every day!
Me: [chuckle] Yes, you are sweetie; you are a growing girl.
Hannah: And Rebekah is a growing girl too. And YOU are growing.
Me: Well, I'm not really growing now.
Hannah: [confidently] Yes, you are.
Me: No, not really, sweetheart. I'm not a little girl anymore so I'm all done growing.
I expect that our conversation is over.
Ha.
She comes up to me and rubs my legs...which I have not shaved in, um, several days.
Hannah: Yes, Mommy, I feel it. You are growing. Just like my grass! It's prickly and everything!
So. Funny. You cannot make this stuff up.
No comments:
Post a Comment