You all know I love the babies! I always have and, I’m guessing, will continue to for a pretty long time. I’ve been wanting to have another baby since Rebekah was like 6 months old. I realize this means I’m nuts, but, it’s just the way I am!
So, as if I needed another reason to have baby fever. My ‘baby’ is getting so stinkin’ big. She will be 14 months old on Monday.
A few days ago she went all the way down the stairs without any help. She’s been crawling up for several months and suddenly she can go down. (I must say it’s a load off my mind because I feel a lot more comfortable around stairs once my kids can navigate well in both directions.)
Yesterday, I was cooking dry beans (doesn’t that just sound domestic?) and poured them into a colander in the sink. Well, apparently that was beyond fascinating, because, while I was turned around for approximately 6 seconds, Rebekah pushed the chair over to the counter, climbed up on top, and peered down into the sink, trying to grab the (very hot!) beans with her little hands. She just had to see it. (This from the child who won’t take more than 6 steps, and only does that much when you trick her into walking.) Once she got up there and started looking around, you could tell she thought she had pretty much hit paydirt. There was so much more cool stuff to look at and mess with up there. It’s almost like we put things up there to keep them away from her. Imagine. I have a feeling she’ll be doing this a lot in the future.
More evidence that she is getting entirely too big. Normally, she crawls over and pulls up and stands up at this table to eat her afternoon snack. Today, she insisted on sitting in the chair like big sister (no words, but many grunts, were involved). She was just thrilled to death to sit there and stayed in the seat for a good 15 minutes, which is probably the longest I’ve seen her stay in one location since she started crawling.
This momma thinks her little head is just too cute :)
So, yeah, I’ve got the fever. Now I’ve just got to convince John to catch it too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment