We kinda got cabin fever this past Monday when it rained and rained and then rained some more. I had to get creative, which is not my strong suit. Fortunately, I am quite good at following directions!
We got out all of Hannah’s “High Five” magazines and flipped to the back where they always have a simple craft and recipe.
One of the crafts was to make a ribbon dancer using jar rings and, you guessed it, ribbons. Super easy and made my big girl super happy as she danced and danced for almost an hour with her ribbons twirling and fluttering around! I think we are going to have to get her involved in some sort of dance class sometime soon. She loves it so much.
I feel the need to mention that I did not pick out this outfit or make any attempt to fix her hair this day. I am hoping that Hannah has not inherited my (lack of) fashion sense.
Moving on.
We decided that we needed to document that day’s weather. So, we made cotton ball clouds and fingerprint raindrops. Apparently, Hannah does not completely understand how the whole thing works b/c she insisted on putting several of the raindrops above the clouds. I was explaining how they needed to be under the cloud and then decided I needed to be fun mommy instead of scientist mommy and I let it slide (but, it was really hard!…I know, I’m weird).
Crafts never take as long as I hope they will! After all that, we still had some cabin fever, so we went out in the rain to the library where every single person present got to hear the name of every single book we checked out because Hannah doesn’t really get the concept of over-sharing :) Rebekah was surprisingly quiet. Perhaps she was just taking it all in. She hasn’t been to the library as much because I typically try to go by myself now that I have two small people.
Thanks for reading, Mom :)
2 comments:
I read your blog!!! :)
I'm going to steal some of those ideas next time it rains and rains and rains some more!
Me too! I have no need to steal rainy day ideas, but I like finding out what's going on with the Sorrells these days.
Post a Comment