We’ve busy, in a fun way, this October.
Hannah and I have done lots of fall-themed crafts. I went to Michael’s one day armed with a 25% off your entire purchase coupon and, after getting over my total intimidation related to massive buildings containing craft supplies, ended up with some good stuff :) I’m going to attempt a home decor craft for literally the first time ever. I will post pictures if it turns out looking like someone older than 5 made it :) Still in progress though.
Final product, with Hannah insisting that most of the leaves really ought to be on the ground, seeing that it’s fall and all. Yes, ma’am. You can also see part of our old back door out on the deck there. We finally got our rotting, leaking French doors fixed. Yay!
We used the sparkly leaves from the pack to make a garland. The pattern was going great until we realized we had uneven numbers…oh well. And, yes, this is how I decorate for fall now. I have a three year old and feel that is excuse enough. It’s educational (patterns, seasons, right??)!
Hannah dressed herself several times.
And Rebekah got in trouble several times. This child climbs on and in EVERYthing.
(Have I mentioned I can’t resist a baby in a pile of laundry???)
John and I left the girls with grandparents and went away for a long weekend together, the first since Rebekah was born. It was so nice :) We had such a good time having fun together and just chilling out. John cooked all the meals (except the night he took me out for seafood – yummm scallops!). So, proof that I am still alive, a picture of the mommy on her vacation with the daddy.
My mom said I look relaxed. Yep.
We did a preschool unit on apples and did some more weather paintings. This particular day turned into quite the piece of abstract art after Hannah started covering up the original sunshine :)
Yesterday, I made chicken and veggie soup and Hannah helped with cutting up the veggies. She LOVES eating anything I’m chopping up. This is why the child weighs next to nothing. I swear I let her eat butter and mac n’ cheese and ice cream too (although not together – blech. haha)! I am pleased she’s a good eater.
Finally, today, I let the girls sit together at the little kids’ table at lunch. It was super cute :)
Ham. On the sandwich and the oldest child.
No comments:
Post a Comment