Sunday, August 14, 2011

Un Día Más

Took this picture this afternoon when we got home from church. We have already made it farther than we did with Hannah. Hopefully little R will hold out until tomorrow morning at 5am, when we are scheduled to arrive at the hospital to prepare for my c-section (actual surgery is at 7:15).

One day before Rebekah's arrival.

How Far Along: One. Day. Left. (actually, less than one day)

Size of baby
: Supposedly ~7 lbs and 19.5 inches. We'll see how close this is tomorrow morning!

Total Weight Gain/Loss
: Don't hate me, but I actually lost a pound since my last OB appointment. I don't get it, but I'm happy about it, I suppose. Hopefully it means it will be fairly easy to lose once I start nursing.

Maternity Clothes
: Looking forward to wearing something different soon, even if its just sweatpants and t-shirts.

Movement
: She's definitely trying to escape.

Sleep
: I'm half awake, half asleep most of the time, all night long. Pretty sure it will be hard to sleep tonight!

What I miss
: Who knows...I'm not going to care about anything but my little bundle of joy in a few hours :)

Cravings
: Ice Cream!! and Sherbert! and...ice cream...

Symptoms
: Little of this, lot of that. Pretty much any typical pregnancy symptom from being full term, I've got it. I'm particularly excited for the foot swelling and back pain to dissipate.

Best Moment this week
: Tomorrow morning sounds good to me!

Please pray I will not have the same complications as last time (nicked bladder, longer than normal recovery and hospital stay, having to wear a catheter at home for almost a week, etc.) and, as my husband wisely pointed out, that I will have no NEW complications either! Of course, I also ask for prayer for my youngest daughter as she makes her arrival into the world and her big sister as she makes the adjustment to no longer being the center of attention.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

You better sleep tonight! Praying for you tonight/tomorrow and during your transition to two. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Jenelle Leanne said...

Laura R. and I want to come visit you tomorrow afternoon (probably around 4pm ish... I know you're probably sleeping, but in case you get this, just wanted to give you a head's up about the fact that I'll probably be giving you a call tomorrow about coming to visit you and baby Rebekah!!!)

Shannon Dingle said...

YAY! Praying. :)

Jenn & David said...

so excited for you Kristen! Can't wait to hear the news. We'll be praying!