Monday, August 8, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

Or, my last week of actually cooking for my family...for a while :) Gonna let the hospital cafeteria, Nana and friends (and occasionally the freezer) do it for a while starting next Monday. Pretty sure all these people/places will do a good job. The hospital where Rebekah will be born actually has darn good food. I totally pigged out when I was there before and enjoyed every minute of it (you are allowed to do this when nursing - it's fantastic, especially when you love food as much as I do). When we were there for nearly a week in 2009, John kept going down to the cafeteria to get food, even when people offered to bring him 'real stuff' from the outside. Ha!

Anyways, being a total lazy bum this last week is something I refuse to feel guilty about. Since I actually know when this kid is coming (unless she comes before my c-section date, in which case, we shall deal), I am liking the idea of taking it easy for these last few days of semi-peace. I am only doing the bare essentials around the house, which, as I stated in an earlier post, means food and laundry. No windows, no floors, definitely no bathrooms (please, oh please, don't look in my tubs...), and certainly no massive couponing trips :)

That being said, I am planning on cooking real stuff this week, but only for dinner. Planning to be pretty bummy for the 1st two meals of the day.

Breakfasts:
Various Cereals, Bananas or Strawberries, Milk
yeah, that's pretty much it.

Lunches:
PB&J, golfish, fruit
Cheese Toast, smoothies
Leftovers

Dinners:
  • Chicken Parmesan, Rosemary Bread
  • Kielbasa with Sausage and Chicken, Butter Bread
  • Grilled Marinated Chicken, Smashed/Broiled Red Potatoes, Frozen Peas
  • Beef Stew with carrots, potatoes, and peas, Yeast Rolls
  • Breakfast Food - Scrambled Eggs, Pancakes, Bacon, Fruit
  • Chicken Fajitas with Refried Beans and Onions/Peppers (John actually made this after church yesterday, but it sounds impressive, so I wanted to include it in my list!)

Side note: I love having a husband who likes to cook and is good at it. I do pretty much all of the cooking during the week, but he often takes over on the weekends, especially lately. He made a huge b'fast on Saturday morning and cooked up a big lunch as well. We had a light dinner of leftovers for Mommy & Daddy and grilled cheese (which he also made) for Hannah. On Sunday, he fed Hannah b'fast while I got ready for church and then made us super delicious chicken fajitas when we got home. When I told him how much I appreciated it, he grinned, shrugged, and said, "I enjoy it!"

Love it.

No comments: