I got to the sale right at 9am and decided to wait a few minutes in the car rather than stand in line. The first few times I came, I'd get there 8:45ish and then wait at the front of the line. This time, I didn't feel the need to do that - I felt the need to not be wiped out at the end! So, I ended up waiting to get in for only about 10 minutes and as soon as I got in the door I had to find the restroom...Big surprise from the pregnant lady, right?
Well, I found everything I was looking for except for kitchen stuff. That section had been utterly wiped out by previous shoppers. Oh well! It was low priority.
What I got from my list: 2 cozy/flannel crib sheets, pack n play sheet, Melissa & Doug Train puzzle (yes, only one - the rest were junky/dinky - I like nice puzzles), and tennis shoes for the fall
What I got not from my list: Play-Doh 'cookie cutters', Awesome Kids of the Bible DVD, Cheerios animal book in perfect condition, Melissa & Doug magnetic habitat/animal toy, and, one of my personal favorite finds just b/c it's so random, 5 coloring books for $1
Total Spent: $22
Not too bad for one hour in the building (including checkout and, ahem, several bathroom breaks). I actually could have been done much more quickly, but I started browsing all the other stuff just for fun once I had found what I wanted.
And, since Hannah was hanging out with Grandma at the pool and having loads of fun, I made a few more stops on the way home. Snagged two boxes of diapers (using $10 in coupons!) for Rebekah at Babies R Us and got a $25 gift card b/c of a 2-day promotion that my friend Jenelle told me about. The gift card should come in handy for either shower gifts or those random little things you feel the need to buy after baby is born. After that, I bought myself some new sunglasses at Kohl's b/c my last pair that I LOVED gave up the ghost earlier this week and I cannot stand to drive without my sunglasses. My husband was pleased that they aren't so big as the last pair I had - I had to be a little silly though, so I bought reddish ones with a lil' bling on the sides :)
Anyone else go to the sale? 1/2 price day is Sunday 10am-5pm. I will not be attending :)
No comments:
Post a Comment