Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Rosemary Bread

A bread machine was one of those things we ended up buying with those Bed Bath & Beyond gift cards we received for our wedding. I was skeptical; John insisted. I'm oh-so-glad he did! We have done lots of experimenting, with plenty of fails. We have had several super successes though. This is one of them:

Rosemary Bread

Ingredients:
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup milk (room temp)
3 3/4 Tbs olive oil
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning (or garlic powder, basil, oregano, etc.)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 Tbs dried rosemary
2 1/2 cups bread floud
1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast


Directions:
* Place ingredients in pan of the bread machine in order listed above (wet/dry separately).
* Select 2lb loaf, light crust, regular/white bread cycle

It's very similar to Macaroni Grill bread. It tastes even better when you dip it in olive oil and fresh ground black pepper. YUM YUM :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Megan shared this with me! I may have to try this one out tonight. I made my first loaf of bread last night. =)