This small person, though highly adorable and pretty sweet most of the time, will not be accompanying my on my journey.
I have cash, a huge-normous reusable shopping bag, and a list. The list is key. As my friend Shannon advised me the first time I was going (when I was a newbie at the whole 'shopping for kids' thing), make SURE you know what you are looking for, otherwise you'll end up completely overwhelmed. She was oh-so-very right and therefore I go forth with a plan! I am looking for a pack n play sheet, 2 flannel crib sheets, play cookware/food, Sz 8 or 9 tennis shoes, and puzzles. And maaaaaaaybe a little play kitchen. Maybe. (I want one...)If I am feeling ambitious, I will also look at double and/or sit n stand strollers. No promises. My goal is to get in and get out as quickly as I can so that I can avoid standing in a forever-long line to check out. The only reason I go when the doors open is so that I can get out faster :) It has nothing to do with getting first dibs. Because, I'm not really getting first dibs at all. Volunteer workers, like my friend Laura, get first dibs for several days. And sellers get 2nd dibs after that. So, Friday morning is kinda like near the end dibs :) But, there is so much stuff for sale that I've never had a problem finding what I'm looking for.
Would love to hear if anyone else attends/plans to attend and how you did deal-wise!
No comments:
Post a Comment