Who likes tacos? Well, we certainly do. Enough so that we typically eat them or some variation of them at least once a week. So, I already posted my Spanish Rice recipe on a previous Tasty Tuesday, which is yummy and a great Mexican meal-bulker-upper. Today, I will share how to save money and save your body from scary chemicals (which I'm not super opposed to if they are in, say, Fritos, but I do try to avoid them when it is just as practical to do the exact same thing another way).
Best part about this recipe is that it contains stuff you probably already have around the house. If not, you may want to invest. It's totally worth it.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
Combine following ingredients in baggie or other sealed container and shake well to mix.
2 1/2 Tbs Chili Powder
1 1/2 Tbs Paprika
2 Tbs Cumin (this is what makes it really smell like taco mix from a packet)
2 tsp Oregano
1 Tbs Garlic Powder
1 1/2 Tbs Onion Flakes or Onion Powder
1 tsp Salt
(7 tsp = 1 packet)
To cook, add 3/4 cup water and 2 Tbs + 1 tsp of mix to ~ 1 lb. browned ground beef (or whatever) and simmer.
In case you'd like to make a larger batch (I always do now), here is a 4x recipe. You're Welcome.
10 Tbs chili powder
6 Tbs paprika
8 Tbs cumin
8 tsp oregano
4 Tbs garlic powder
6 Tbs onion flakes/powder
4 tsp salt
No comments:
Post a Comment