Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Works for me Wednesday

You know those thick zippered plastic bags that sheets, comforter sets, extra pillowcases, etc. come in? Because I am a frugal person/ever-so-slight hoarder, I have always felt the need to hang on to these. I never had a plan of course, they just seemed nifty. Turns out, I'm not crazy (at least not for that reason). They are mighty handy for storing toy sets. Admittedly, they aren't they cutest things in the world, but in case you haven't known me for more than 3 minutes, that's not really my thing :)

I have put Mr. Potato Head (who usually remains somewhat intact thanks to my slightly OCD child)

Wooden Lacing Beads (bought at a yard sale, of course!)

and a Phonics/ABC Set into these bags.

They are sturdier than ziplocs and easier to cram into small spaces than baskets or plastic boxes. I also love that they have a zipper, which is very kid-friendly to open, but stays well-sealed to help prevent spillage as said kids carry the bag upside down across the room.

Crammage
As for the realllllly big ones, I use one to store an off-season comforter for our bed. We put on a big fleecy comforter in the winter and a much thinner quilt for the other 3 seasons and keep the one not in use zipped up in a big bag in the bottom of the linen closet. Its nice to pull out the 'new' one at the season change and know it is clean and dust-free.

Works for me!

No comments: