Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Since I have been asked about this recipe many times (and someone called me last week to ask for it and I never responded - sorry!), I am posting it here for posterity.

Super Easy/Fairly-Healthy Chicken Parmesan

Ingredients:
4-6 chicken breasts
Italian-style bread crumbs
1 egg
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded

Directions:
  • Put egg in bowl and whisk with a fork. Pour bread crumbs in another bowl.
  • Dip the chicken breasts in the egg and then coat with bread crumbs. Add more bread crumbs to your bowl as needed.
  • Place chicken on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 F for 40 min. or until cooked through.
  • Pour spaghetti sauce in a casserole dish (just enough to cover the bottom). After chicken is cooked, place chicken pieces in the dish and cover with the rest of the sauce.
  • Sprinkle both cheese evenly over the top of the sauce/chicken and put back in the 350 F oven for ~20 min. to heat the sauce and melt the cheese.
  • Serve over your preferred pasta.

Other Info:
  • I cut my chicken breasts in half so they will cook faster and more evenly. Since it's served over pasta, this is a bit more reasonable of a portion size as well. I eat a single half and am fine; John gets two halves to fill him up.
  • Very good meal for company because it is not hard to double or triple and doesn't make a huge mess. Have someone bring salad and bread and you are there :)
  • Plain breadcrumbs work, but try to add some oregano, garlic powder, etc. to add the Italian flavor.

2 comments:

Laura Robinson said...

Sounds great! I have a similar chicken parm recipe from Cooking Light...I def. doctor up the breadcrumbs a bit to make it have more flavor. But we have a general rule in this house...a recipe can never have too much garlic...I'm sure not everyone shares our sentiment.

In regards to the couscous recipe I posted, I think you can absolutely find a substitute for the coriander. Just Google a sub for it and I'm sure you will come up with something...I wouldn't leave it out because some seasoning, whatever it may be, will add all that more flavor, but a substitute will be totally fine and not ruin the meal by any means.

And the balloon wreath is TOTALLY do-able and has held up very well so I'm sure it will last for years to come. Like I said, buy the pins at WalMart, they are SO much cheaper there...I learned that the hard way. I can help you get started if you want!
See you soon friend:)

Jenelle Leanne said...

Awwww, thanks! :)