I always think it's interesting when people put these pregnancy-comparison pics on their blogs. Since the seasons are so different and therefore clothing is so different, it's hard for me to compare these two pictures. I think I gained similar amounts of weight at this point each time, but I am feelin' much larger with baby #2 :) I guess that's the way it goes!
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 27.5 Weeks
Size of baby: 2 lbs/14.5 inches (approx.)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Doctor's office scale says 11 lb gain. My scale still says nine. Let's go with the 9, shall we?
Maternity Clothes: all maternity, all the time
Gender: Mmm, still a girl...still named Rebekah. Maybe I should remove this one?
Movement: Nearly anytime I sit/lay still and I'm starting to feel her when I'm standing up, which is fun :) She is quite active!
Sleep: Still hit or miss - although, thankfully sleeping better in the early morning (3am-6am range) now.
What I miss: Feta cheese
Cravings: Popsicles - Hannah is highly in favor of this craving b/c I always share :)
Symptoms: Aches and pains in the lower portion of my abdomen every time I get up from sitting for over 10 min.
Best Moment this week: Seeing Hannah interact with a 10 week old baby and being super impressed with her desire to help the mommy and love on the baby!
Bummer news is that I failed my gestational diabetes screening, so I have to go in for a diagnostic test next Tuesday morning. It is 3 hrs instead of the first 1hr test. I have to carb-load for 3 days and then fast Monday night. They will administer the yucky drink and then draw/check my blood every hour for three hours; this is the worst part to me because I have super duper hidden veins and the techs always have quite a time drawing blood. I usually end up stuck several times in various locations before they can get it once. :-/ Doing it three times in a row seems darn near impossible.
When the nurse told me to carb-load, I was confused- seemed counter-productive to me. She explained that it increases your body's tolerance for carbs so that when you drink the sugary drink for the test, your body is more able to handle it. Interesting. Not sure if I buy it or not, but I'll do it since they asked me to. I am supposed to add 1/2 cup of carbs (pasta, bread, rice, potatoes, etc) to all three daily meals for 3 days. Good thing I LUV bread. I am to continue to eat everything else as normal. So, if you check back next week and I've gained 4 pounds in four days, we'll know why. One for baby and 3 for carbs!
Bummer news is that I failed my gestational diabetes screening, so I have to go in for a diagnostic test next Tuesday morning. It is 3 hrs instead of the first 1hr test. I have to carb-load for 3 days and then fast Monday night. They will administer the yucky drink and then draw/check my blood every hour for three hours; this is the worst part to me because I have super duper hidden veins and the techs always have quite a time drawing blood. I usually end up stuck several times in various locations before they can get it once. :-/ Doing it three times in a row seems darn near impossible.
When the nurse told me to carb-load, I was confused- seemed counter-productive to me. She explained that it increases your body's tolerance for carbs so that when you drink the sugary drink for the test, your body is more able to handle it. Interesting. Not sure if I buy it or not, but I'll do it since they asked me to. I am supposed to add 1/2 cup of carbs (pasta, bread, rice, potatoes, etc) to all three daily meals for 3 days. Good thing I LUV bread. I am to continue to eat everything else as normal. So, if you check back next week and I've gained 4 pounds in four days, we'll know why. One for baby and 3 for carbs!
2 comments:
Wow, three posts in one day! I'm impressed. :)
so sorry about the glucose test. Hope all goes well with the next test!
Post a Comment