Inexpensive Kid Movies.
Recently, I found the kids' summer movie schedule. Last year these were free, but this year they will be charging $1. I'm feeling like it's still a pretty good deal :) This pregnant momma will take all the cheap entertainment/air conditioning she can get!
Regal Entertainment Group
The 4 theaters I found in the area are:
* Brier Creek Stadium 14 (Raleigh)
* North Hills Stadium 14 (Raleigh)
* Beaver Creek Stadium 12 (Apex)
* White Oak Stadium 14 (Garner)
I will most likely being going to Brier Creek because it is near friends' houses and lots of other shopping locations, so I can run errands afterwards.
Here is the schedule from the Regal Entertainment Group's website (apparently it is the same at each theater this year):
All showings are at 10am. All movies have a G or PG rating.
6/14-6/15 Barnyard / Yogi Bear
6/21-6/22 Alpha and Omega / Charlotte's Web
6/28-6/29 Astro Boy / Megamind
7/5-7/6 Despicable Me / Marmaduke
7/12-7/13 Pirates Who Don't Do Anything / Shrek Forever After
7/19-7/20 Bee Movie / Diary of a Wimpy Kid
7/26-7/27 How to Train Your Dragon / Monsters vs. Aliens
8/2-8/3 Kung Fu Panda / Tale of Despereaux
8/9-8/10 Madagascar 2 / Ramona & Beezus
Obviously, some movies are more appropriate for certain ages than others! Use your discretion :) I am definitely planning to try to take Hannah to see Charlotte's Web, Pirates Who Don't Do Anything, and How to Train Your Dragon. I will check on the age-appropriateness of some others and then reevaluate. I had never even heard of several of these.
2 comments:
Despicable Me is pretty cute. I really enjoyed Megamind (these are ones we watched with Leiana... she liked Megamind and got bored with Despicable Me)
Marmaduke is also pretty cute (wouldn't pay more than a dollar for it... but there's nothing objectionable in it, and Leiana liked all the animals in it)
My guess is that we'll aim for Charlotte's Web, Megamind, maybe Marmaduke (Despicable Me sort of makes me want to chew my own arm off), Pirate Who Don't Do Anything, maybe hit both How to Train Your Dragon and Monsters vs. Aliens b/c those are both big hits here, and I'm not sure between Kung Fu Panda and The Tale of Desperaeux.
Jenelle & I tried going to Madagascar 2 a couple summers ago, and it was rife with objectionable stuff, so we'll definitely pass on that one.
Post a Comment