Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Turns out, this guy...

, the one who sweetly sits faaaar in the back of Grandma and Grandpa's suburban so his pregnant wife will be comfortable and his 2 year old daughter will be safe, is officially a professional engineer.

This morning, we got the news that he had passed his exam. I wasn't at all surprised, but I was relieved for him, because he's been waiting since April 8 to find out! He studied very hard and worked diligently and still managed to be a fantastic daddy and husband during that busy time. I'm so proud of him!

I'm taking him to McCormick & Schmick's tonight for a surprise celebration dinner. Shhh, don't tell him! We went there in Seattle on our honeymoon. I think he'll enjoy it :) It's so cool how God works out the big things (PE pass-age) and the little things in our lives. We are having a couple from our LIFE class at church come over tonight to babysit Hannah. We usually do a weekend, but this month both our schedules were so full, that a 'random' Thursday night seemed to be all that fit. Coincidence? I think not :) Thanks, Holly and James, for the extra special opportunity to go out and celebrate!

1 comment:

Jenn & David said...

Congratulations to John!!! I know you are one proud wife. :)