Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thankful Thursday

As in, I'm thankful I finally remembered to bring my camera to Tiny Tumbler time!

Hannah and I go to North Raleigh Gymnastics on Thursdays for a 45 min. open gym play time. Total endorsement here: its a really good deal, and I don't say that often ;). It's $15 for 4 sessions that last 45 min. each, so you are essentially paying $5/hr. to play in their facility. Sadly, May is the last month that Hannah is eligible age-wise to participate, so we only have one session left. I'm so glad I found out about this when I did! Thanks, Becca!

Hannah decided to pick up two beach balls at once. It didn't exactly work, but she quickly moved on to other things...
...like the foam block pit! Great fun! She was afraid of this the first time we came, but after trying it out once, she was sold!


C'mon, Hannah, jump to Jenelle...especially b/c she is very excited and has super cute hair, even though you can't see it in this picture! Sorry for cutting you out of my pic. I think I *may* have been focused on my kid and hoping she'd have the courage to jump :)


She loves this playground-esque structure that is over in one corner. I'm so glad I caught this look of joy as she slides down!


Today, one activity Hannah decided to create was gathering ALL of the hula hoops. She was highly focused and totally forgot I was there for a while.


Jumping up on a big block. I have no idea what the gymnastical (like that?) term is, but she loves climbing up on it and then plopping down over and over.


And, the piece de resistance, her precious bean bags. The first day of class, she found these bean bags and repeatedly threw them in and out of this huge doughnut thing. Ever since, she has been obsessed with them, enough so that I am thinking about making/buying her some for home.


Hannah also loves Mr. Frog and asks me to pull him off the shelf most weeks. I told her to sit with the frog and smile. "And beanbags too, Mommy! Please!" Who can resist? She doesn't look super happy in this picture, but I think that's the photographer's bad timing :)


At the end, waiting patiently with Leiana for a sticker. I was so impressed with both of their attitudes today! They are definitely growing up (*sniff sniff*) and learning to share and obey (hooray hooray).
ps - to see Jenelle's post with pics from last week's session, go here.

2 comments:

John/Kristen said...

Yay! It came back! This post disappeared for about 2 days...very strange. Glad its back b/c i really like these pictures!

Unknown said...

Definitely make her the beanbags... they're super simple to fabricate. Plus, you can start honing her cornhole skills so that she wows people when she starts tailgating. :-P