Monday, May 23, 2011

Strawberry Picking!

You saw my "Wordless Wednesday" picture with the strawberry mooshy goodness on my ice cream. Here's the back story :)

Earlier last week, Hannah and I joined some friends at Lyon Farms in Creedmoor. We had a good time walking up and down the rows and filling our baskets. Hannah was more interested in playing with the rocks and dirt, but hey, whatever makes you happy :) I was glad that Meg was there with camera and photography skills to snap a few pics for us. I had enough to keep up with! Gracias, Meg.


Showing her the ropes when we arrived. And, as previously mentioned on Facebook, I like this picture because I do not look huge :) Also, Hannah is cute. That is all.
Hannah still watching intently while Leiana chows down in the background :)

Up close and personal with the plants (ok ok, it's probably actually with rocks, but, whatevs...).

"Um, it's cool if we just kinda take off this-a-way, right?"

I like this picture. Leiana is so interested in the dirt/sand and Hannah *looks* like she's actually picking a strawberry. Plus, I think her little ponytail is cute :)

Naturally, one of my favorites parts was when I went up to the counter and paid next to nothing for my basketful :) I also bought a few fresh tomatoes- yummmmm. Can't beat it!

When we got home, I got all domestic and made several containers of freezer jam. Then I cut up a bunch of strawberries and froze them on a cookie sheet (which I forgot to line with wax paper - DOH! thank you, pregnancy brain) for smoothies or baking later on. Hannah and I also ate a bunch as I was washing, cutting, etc. Very fun.

The reason I had the smooshy strawberries on the ice cream was because I mashed slightly too many strawberries for the freezer jam and didn't want to mess up the recipe ratios. So, there ya go- can't let it go to waste! Rebekah thanked me for the huge dose of Vitamin C and Calcium she got in that snack ;)

No comments: