Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

This is something that I make quite often. I take it to church when I have snack, I make it when I need a big/easy meal for breakfast or brunch on the weekends, we have it for dinner regularly, and, recently, I've started taking it to the parents of new babies, who seem to enjoy the novelty of it. It's easy to take to people's houses b/c its nearly an all-in-one meal. Just add a bowl of fruit and you've got a fairly balanced meal in just two containers.

Without further ado,

Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients
6 slices bread
1 lb cooked bacon or sausage, crumbled
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
8-9 eggs
2 cups milk
1/4-1/2 tsp Dry ground mustard (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Tear bread into small pieces and spread out in bottom of 9x13 pan. Cover evenly with crumbled b'fast meat. Sprinkle shredded cheese over meat.

In separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and mustard. Mix well. Pour mixture evenly over the cheese.

Bake at 325 F for 30-45 min. until eggs just barely begin to brown. Makes 4-6 dinner-sized servings, depending on your appetite (I said 6, John said 4, so there ya go...) and what you serve with it.

This is similar to what mine looks like, except my cheese is not on the top.

Suggestions to serve with:
Fresh fruit, esp. orange slices or strawberries
Cinnamon buns
Muffins
Fruit Smoothies

1 comment:

Laura Robinson said...

We love this! This is my new go-to breakfast casserole recipe...I fell in love with it when you brought it to church several months ago!! I think I even made it for Christmas morning :)